7 Eastbourne Road
‘Atherfield’ Magnificent 1870 Gothic Revival estate
One of Sydney’s finest properties, Atherfield is a landmark 1870 Gothic Revival mansion positioned on a sprawling 1,157sqm landholding on the exclusive Darling Point peninsula. This exceptional harbourside estate has undergone extensive conservation and renovation works to create a residence of rare distinction and fine craftsmanship.
Capturing breathtaking uninterrupted NE harbour views, the grand home is graced with five bedrooms, including an opulent master suite, along with a private guest cottage ideal as nanny’s quarters. A series of elegant entertaining areas accommodates large families with ease and privacy, with a custom-designed marble kitchen extending to a classic verandah.
Impeccably landscaped grounds and sandstone-flagged terraces offer a glorious environment for relaxing and entertaining, with an 18m infinity pool and an expansive 23m frontage to the harbour vista.
Contemporary luxuries include a temperature-controlled wine cellar and tasting room, a library, office, underfloor heating, C-Bus smart home automation and double garaging. Glorious revived features reflect Atherfield’s rich heritage, including an impressive entrance vestibule, fireplaces, sandstone foundations, soaring ornate ceilings and timber joinery. A nearby pathway takes you to Steyne Park and the Double Bay wharf and marina.
- Extensive entertaining, library, cellar
- Custom-designed Miele marble kitchen
- Classic details including marble fireplaces
- C-Bus smart home automation system
- 18m infinity pool with sandstone terrace
- Beautifully landscaped garden surrounds
- Full-length verandah, northerly patio
- Private guest cottage, double garaging
- Breathtaking Gothic Revival landmark
- Incredible north-easterly harbour panorama
- 1,157sqm block, 23m frontage to the vista
- Nearby pathway to Steyne Park and ferry